- Abortion is a form of murder and demeans the value of human life.
- Other birth control is readily available; thus, abortion shouldn't be a form of birth control.
- The societal contributions of a potentially valuable human being are wiped out.
- Women who have abortions often suffer major psychological damage from the
experience along with, in some cases, the father of the child.
- The advances of genetic testing may prompt more abortions (to avoid having the non-ideal child).
- There are many couples who spend years on waiting lists trying to adopt a child.
- The abortion decision is often made by minors or young adults, who don't have the maturity and life
experiences to make good decisions.
- People have the right not to see their tax dollars go to
something they find immoral.
- Abortion eliminates legal rights of the unborn child.
- Abortion exposes women to various health risks and the danger of losing fertility.
- Abortion is against doctors' Hippocratic Oath.
- Government gets to control a woman's body.
- "Back alley" abortions would increase if it were made illegal, leading to increased risk of young women
dying or becoming sterile.
- It's arguably better for society to have babies aborted than have them be brought up poor and neglected,
where not only will the child suffer but society when that child develops a higher attraction to crime, welfare, etc.
- One brief mistake can take away a woman's childhood and trap her for life.
- Giving up a child for adoption can be just as emotionally damaging as having an abortion.
Carrying and delivering a baby can be painful & dangerous to the mother, and a number of
complications can develop.
- Abortion is not murder because it is performed before a fetus
has developed into a human person.